Preparing for your hair transplant procedure is a simple, relaxing process that will help you adjust to the considerable time spent in our Great Neck, NY office for your procedure. All patients will report to our facilities for their hair transplant treatments.
Please be sure to include any specific instructions provided by your surgeon to these general pre op instructions. If you have any questions or concerns about any instructions you’ve been given or the details of your procedure, please contact our team directly at (516) 487-3797 or visit our New York office BEFORE the day of your treatment.
Weeks to Several Days Before Your Hair Transplant Surgery
- Email or fax your pre-operative blood work to our office AT LEAST two weeks (14 days) before the day of your surgery. Learn more about what to include in your blood work results here.
- Abstain from alcohol AT LEAST ten (10) days prior to surgery. Using alcohol closer to your surgery date may result in your procedure being cancelled.
- Abstain from aspirin, ibuprofen, Motrin, and similar aspirin based products or vitamins AT LEAST ten (10) days prior to surgery. Tylenol is acceptable.
Day Before Your Hair Transplant Surgery
- Wash your scalp the night before your procedure.
Day of Your Hair Transplant Surgery
- Arrive at the Feller & Bloxham Hair Transplantation office at 7:45am sharp at the day of your procedure. This allows our team and staff to check you in, review critical information, and take photographs in an acceptable amount of time.
- Wash your scalp the morning of your procedure again to ensure cleanliness.
- Eat breakfast prior to your visit.
- If you wear a hair system, do not wear it on the day of your procedure.
- Bring button down shirt and an old t-shirt with you on the day of the procedure. A hat will be provided.