Contact our New York Hair Transplant Office
Your Consultation at Feller and Bloxham
All consultations at Feller and Bloxham are performed by physicians. Not salesmen, “mentors”, or other such middlemen-which is illegal in the state of New York. All consultations are confidential and any information provided by you is protected by law.
The primary purpose of a consultation at Feller and Bloxham Medical, PC is to see and evaluate if you are indeed a candidate for a hair transplant procedure. While most physicians offering hair transplantation worldwide claim that just about anybody who walks through their door is a candidate for their practice, we feel differently.
At Feller and Bloxham we believe that all potential patients must first be evaluated prior to being placed on the schedule for surgery- because what’s the point in doing a procedure if it’s not needed in the first place, or if it’s just not going to make much of a difference in the end? If you are not a candidate by our criteria we will not waste your money or your time by taking you for surgery. Our goal is to be able to offer a COSMETICALLY SIGNIFICANT improvement.
When you visit for your confidential consultation you will be asked to provide not only a detailed medical history of yourself, but your hair loss history as well. Your scalp will then be examined and evaluated both grossly and with magnification. Once the physician has developed an accurate physiological “picture” he will then start to ask you detailed questions as to what your goals are. Naturally we know you want as much hair as possible in the shortest amount of time possible, for the lowest price possible. We will do our best to optimize all those factors.
Most patients who visit for consultation are also given the opportunity to walk into the procedure area with the doctor to view patients who are actually having the procedure performed at that time. Most patients are receptive to visitors and are willing to share their hair transplant experience. We have been doing this for twenty five years and have found that visiting with actual patients getting the surgery done right then and there demystifies the procedure and demonstrates that the surgical hair restoration is far less intimidating than they might have first thought.
This is because we do not have to “knock patients out” for their procedure. As a result they are awake and alert to be able to answer questions and share their experience in real time. The most common statement heard between patient and visitor is: “Do it. It’s not bad, and not at all what I thought it would be. Painless with the exception of the pokes to numb the skin.”
Once back in the consultation room the doctor will discuss his plan for your hair restoration and show you our price schedule which is published on our website. He may also show you photos of prior patients that demonstrated similar hair loss characteristics as you and how their hair was restored.
If you are going to consult with ANY hair transplant physician make sure you ask the following questions. Write them down and bring these questions to that office at the time of your visit (or simply print this page):
- Has the practice has been in business FULL-TIME for at least 10 years?
- Does the practice perform hair transplantation EXCLUSIVELY ?
- Does the practice use ONLY in-house technicians- NOT travelling (per diem or shared) technicians (which is illegal in NY).
- Will the doctor use at least one technician for every 500 grafts required for your procedure ?
- Can the doctor show you AT LEAST 100 before/after PHOTO results of THEIR patients ?
- Can the doctor show you AT least 50 before/after VIDEO results of THEIR patients? (Video cameras are cheap and plentiful. No reason not to have video evidence of results.)
- Does the doctor participate regularly online by contributing results for public evaluation and critique ? Does he volunteer time answering questions from the public ?
- Can the doctor show you at least 6 functional microscopes in their procedure rooms ?
- Does the doctor guarantee NOT use robots or other so-called “semi-automated” gadgetry ?
- Does the doctor and staff perform the FUT procedure regularly even if you are looking for an FUE procedure ?
There are a small group of physicians world wide who satisfy all this criteria. If you receive a no for any of these ten questions keep looking. Feller and Bloxham meets all these criteria and more.